How to Make a Twin of Yourself for a Video with NO GREEN SCREEN! | Tutorial
I made this video for an assignment for video and animation class.
Have you ever made a video in which you are your own twin? You can make a twin video without using a green screen.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- A camera (cell phone, tablet, or DSLR)
- A steady tripod
- A stand-in and string (optional)
- Adobe Premiere Pro
You can get a bundle of things like this if you are just starting out making videos. Maybe put it on your birthday list, Christmas list, or on your vision board.
Here’s how I did this video!
- I put the camera on the tripod and set up two chairs. You can use a string and put it on the floor so that you know what line not to cross.
- I wrote a script, and practiced it so that I would know how long to pause during the conversation with myself.
- I got my brother to sit in one of the chairs so that I would know where to look when I was talking to my twin. We aren’t the same height, but it was close enough. Once I had practiced the script, I pressed record. and said my part.
- My brother and I then switched chairs, pressed record, and did my twin’s part.
- After I finished both videos, I loaded them onto two different tracks in Adobe Premiere Pro. I cropped out my brother using the crop tool in the effects panel. You can either crop right or left, using the string as a guide for when to stop or just making sure the background matches and looks seamless.
TIP: Try to do it in a room where the light is consistent. If there is sunlight and clouds, the movement of the sun and clouds will change the lighting and ruin the illusion.
Save this for later – PIN IT!
I hope you liked this simple tutorial to help you make a twin video! You can also use Adobe Premiere Rush to do it if you want to do this on your phone or tablet.
If you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube channel, please do! Thank you!